Audit Manager | Industry | Brussels
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
Working at EY as an Audit Manager you will acquire the experience and skill set necessary to become a leader of the future whilst delivering high-quality and efficient audits and projects. We offer you the opportunity to get acquainted with a large variety of clients, most of them are well-established brands with an international reach.
EY has invested heavily in data analysis tools that support auditors in their day-to-day life. This reduces the level of manual testing and allows us to carry out audits much more efficiently.
As an Audit Manager, your job will be to provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protect financial markets.
Your client responsibilities:
- Execute the audit process effectively with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters;
- Implement fieldwork on clients’ sites and liaise with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the audit process;
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (BE GAAP, IFRS, and/or US GAAP) and in related financial reporting matters;
- Establish proficiency in using our EY Global Audit Methodology to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with International Standards of Auditing (ISA) and/or US PCAOB Auditing Standards.
Your people responsibilities:
- Coach other less experienced colleagues, provide them with on-the-job training, develop their familiarity with our audit methodology, and review their work;
- Organize your team in such a way that processes, roles & responsibilities are clear and work is efficiently and equally divided amongst colleagues;
- You will be made a dedicated ‘counselor’ of some less experienced colleagues, which means you are responsible to discuss their career development, learning plan, and evaluations.
At EY, you have the possibility to participate in many other projects you are interested in, such as:
- Recruitment activities: participate to job fairs & selection days, become an internship mentor, etc;
- Learning activities: contribute to specific annual audit training, onboarding of new joiners, soft skills training, etc.
- Data analytics: become part of our data analytics team at EY and reduce the level of manual testing within audit;
- Innovation at EY: register for specific innovation projects at EY while being guided by our colleagues at The Factory.
To qualify for the role you must have
- You obtained a Master Degree in a relevant field and have 5+ years external audit or accountancy experience;
- You have knowledge of Belgian & International accounting standards (knowledge and experience in US GAAP is considered an asset, but is not a prerequisite);
- Since you are client oriented, it is necessary to have excellent communication skills: you write reports effortlessly, are not afraid to call things into question and are able to give presentations confidently;
- You have an analytical mindset and understand how to verify, challenge and interpret information used to create financial statements or other business data;
- You are a team player and have great coaching skills;
- You have an interest in looking for innovative solutions and working in an increasingly digital audit environment;
- You are fluent in Dutch/French and English.
What working at EY offers
- Attractive remuneration package – We offer an attractive remuneration package; including a company car and fuel card, iPhone Plus subscription, health insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, and eco vouchers. Thanks to our flex plan it is possible to choose what you value most.
- Flexible working arrangements – We are proud of our flexible working arrangements. We will actively support you in building a successful career and delivering excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities. We offer flexible working hours and working from home multiple days per week is possible.
- Inspiring work environment – At EY we are dedicated to providing you with an inspiring work environment. A work environment that allows you to further develop your skills and enables you to fulfill your true potential.
- Personal growth – You will receive extensive training and will be coached by a counselor. We offer a clear career path tailored to your unique skills.
Fun – By joining our EY- teams, you can participate in team activities, and companywide events and enjoy a drink during our monthly after-work drink.
- Sustainability – We have a fleet of hybrid and electric cars. Our flex plan makes it possible for you to choose the most sustainable option for you. You can also opt for a train subscription or lease a bike. Furthermore, we are currently preparing to move to our brand-new sustainable office ‘the Wings’, right across from our current office in Diegem;
- Diversity & Inclusion – At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
- Location – All of our offices are easily accessible by public transport and/or by car and have parking space. They all have parking spaces and charging stations are provided.
Moreover, we have been elected as the Best Workplace 2023. Over the years, EY evolved from the 9th to the 7th to the 4th to the 3rd place last year, to end first this year. We are tremendously proud of this accomplishment. We’ve built a workplace where people can flourish, develop and be happy. At EY you will be empowered to take responsibility and encouraged to seize opportunities to grow your expertise and your career.