Junior Contract Manager | Brussels
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY has worked with the European Institutions for many years, through large Audit Framework Contracts, to perform thousands of audit and audit-related engagements. EY’s global Centre of Excellence for the Audit of EU Funds is located at EY Belgium and coordinates, manages and leads all Framework Contracts on behalf of the worldwide EY network.
We are looking to expand our coordination team immediately, with a dynamic and motivated individual to form part of our Contract Management team to support our Project Manager with administrative and management aspects and the running of multiple contracts simultaneously.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager you will:
- Assist with the planning of audit assignments including coordinating the planning aspects for resources from other EY offices across the EU 27 & globally;
- Closely follow communication with the client, auditees and colleagues through our mailbox and address such emails accordingly;
- Maintain up-to-date contract overviews and project management tools, together with proper filing for each mission in terms of contracts, reports, invoices and any other documents;
- Deal with questions from the clients, auditees, audit teams and local offices;
- Monitor progress and deadlines for ongoing missions;
- Follow the finalisation and submission of reports to our clients;
- Prepare for and contribute to weekly status meetings for the contracts you are involved in;
- Support the wider team in the preparation of offers by reviewing CVs, preparing administrative documents, drafting sections of the offer and more as you build valuable experience;
- Prepare budgets for the audit missions together with experienced auditors;
- Review engagement financial metrics on a regular basis by comparing budgets to actuals and setting expectations based on the progress of audits;
- Prepare invoices on a regular basis by:
- Collecting relevant documents from the respective actors;
- Compiling the information and drafting the billing details according to the rules of the contract;
- Submitting invoices to the client.
- You have just obtained a relevant master’s degree, e.g. (Project) Management, (Applied) Economics, Business Administration, Business Engineering, Commercial Sciences, European Studies, Political Sciences, etc.
- Fluency in English, together with French and/or Dutch is required. Fluency in Spanish is an asset. You will work in a diverse and international environment where knowledge of any other EU language would also be considered an asset;
- You are flexible, resilient and able to work under pressure, juggling different tasks whilst respecting daily deadlines;
- You are efficient, rigorous and pay close attention to detail;
- You have excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- You are proactive and are able to anticipate problems, devise solutions to propose and implement them with the appropriate support;
- You have a critical mindset and are able to detect and anticipate potential risks/issues;
- You are a fast learner with a strong capacity to work independently, as well as in a team;
- You are comfortable with figures;
- You have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools especially Word and Excel;
- A keen interest in European and International affairs is a strong asset, especially if in the field of Development Aid, R&D, EU funding and the donor-funding environment in general.
What working at EY offers
- We offer ongoing extensive training on project management, technical matters, as well on soft skills;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package with a competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits such as company car with fuel card, smartphone, health insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers etc.);
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you in building a successful career delivering excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities.
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.